Bill Spikowski wrote:
hawker wrote:
On 12/15/2014 10:11 AM, Bill Spikowski wrote:
pjdkru...@gmail.com wrote:
Yes, it's an accessibility feature called Type Ahead Find which is
enabled by default in SeaMonkey.  In about:config you can disable by
setting these prefs to false:

accessibility.typeaheadfind
accessibility.typeaheadfind.autostart

I've changed both to FALSE, as suggested -- thank you!

Does anyone know what "Type Ahead Find" is supposed to do?

 I think the default is well chosen.
I often to search in a page. It is anoying to have to enter CTRL-F then type. This way I can just type. I don't have the problems you have. To enter in a web box and not search just make sure the web box is selected first.

What do you mean by "make sure the web box is selected first"? If I'm in the middle of typing in a web box, doesn't that mean that web box has already been selected? Is there some other step I've been missing?

addressbook.throbber.url;http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

--
Vink
home:http://ciudadpatricia.com