Desiree wrote:
On 1/16/2015 10:51 AM, Rufus wrote:
Desiree wrote:
On 1/15/2015 1:46 AM, Philip Chee wrote:
On 15/01/2015 13:19, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Edmund Wong wrote:
Greetings,

The SeaMonkey Project is pleased to announce the release of
SeaMonkey
2.32!

For a more complete list of changes in SeaMonkey 2.32, see the
What's
New in SeaMonkey 2.32 section of the Release Notes [2], which also
contain a list of known issues and answers to frequently asked
questions. For a more general overview of the SeaMonkey project (and
screen shots!), visit www.seamonkey-project.org.

Links:
[1] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.32
[2] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.32/

...ok...the "Bugs Fixed" list indicated SM 2.32 fixed Ghostery (bug
1060858)...but I installed SM 2.32 (Mac), and Ghostery 5.2.1 does
not work.

I tried updating Ghostery to the latest version, and it would not
install.

Back to SM 2.26.1...Ghostery 5.2.1 works again.

Because Ghostery requires the FF Australis which SeaMonkey does not
use.

Ghostery uses it's own custom button registration code so their blue
pacman like button should appear on the extreme right of the navigation
toolbar. You might need to restart SeaMonkey.

I just switched to Bluhell Firewall

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bluhell-firewall/?src=api>

Phil

Ghostery will not install on SeaMonkey 2.32 from either Mozilla Addons
site or Ghostery site.  I had to uninstall the older version I had sort
of working on SM 2.31.  I started a thread at Ghostery forum about it
(no replies yet).
https://getsatisfaction.com/ghostery/topics/ghostery-fixed-on-seamonkey-2-32

I was going to try this just to see if the problem was that it wouldn't
install over the older version, and/or that it didn't like the
"advertize Firefox compatibility" implementation.  I'll try this later
today and see what happens.

I seem to recall that the first time I installed Ghostery in SM that I
had to do it manually, and now I can't find a way to get the actual file
in order to do that - I was going to try that too.

I don't know if this will work on a Mac but on a PC I just used
Lemonjuice's SeaMonkey Extension Converter and Ghostery installed and
works fine on SM.
http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
Lemonjuice comments in a Mozillazine thread that his converter does
basically what Ghostery itself will do in its next version in order to
support SM.   I did have all tabs showing "busy" if I hovered the mouse
over any of them after I installed Ghostery.  A restart of SM fixed that.

...funny...I have that one bookmarked, but hadn't thought to try it - one more to add to my experiments if doing a remove/reinstall fails.

Thanks for the reminder.

--
     - Rufus