George Carden wrote on 1/21/2015 3:19 PM:
Ed Mullen wrote:
I compose an email to myself with a URL in it ala:

<http://edmullen.net/temp/Stan Rogers - The Witch of the Westmorland.mp3>

When I send and view the email and hover over the link, the status bar
shows the URL with the spaces removed.  If I view the source the spaces
are indeed gone.

Is this new?  Normal?  Able to be defeated?

Ed....It'll work if you do it this way....(put a %20 where you need the
spaces)....

http://edmullen.net/temp/Stan%20Rogers%20-%20The%20Witch%20of%20the%20Westmorland.mp3

Yes, of course it will work that way.  I didn't need that info.

That's not the question. The question is why is SeaMonkey CHANGING the HTML encoding of the URL in this way? And, more than that, why should it?

A URL CAN have spaces. It's not recommended but it's not prohibited. Usually SM inserts %20 for spaces. Why is it mangling my URLs this way?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/