On 01/21/2015 05:40 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote on 1/21/2015 3:20 PM:
>> On 1/21/2015 10:56 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> I compose an email to myself with a URL in it ala:
>>>
>>> <http://edmullen.net/temp/Stan Rogers - The Witch of the Westmorland.mp3>
>>>
>>> When I send and view the email and hover over the link, the status bar
>>> shows the URL with the spaces removed.  If I view the source the spaces
>>> are indeed gone.
>>>
>>> Is this new?  Normal?  Able to be defeated?
>>>

>> URIs (which include URLs) should not have blank spaces in them.  Spaces
>> are too often used to delimit URIs.
>>
>> Per RFC 3986, if a URI absolutely must contain a blank space, it should
>> be percent-encoded as %20.  Otherwise, blank spaces are prohibited.
>> This is indicated in Appendix A of that RFC, which requires you to wade
>> through Augmented Backus-Naur Form notation.
>>

> Yes, see my reply to George.  Why isn't SM inserting %20 characters
> instead of collapsing the spaces?  This is breakage, not enforcing a
> standard.

WFM: If I open
<http://edmullen.net/temp/Stan%20Rogers%20-%20The%20Witch%20of%20the%20Westmorland.mp3>
(and of course the spaces are shown on the URL address bar) and then
select: File:Send Link
the result in the email is exactly:

<http://edmullen.net/temp/Stan%20Rogers%20-%20The%20Witch%20of%20the%20Westmorland.mp3>

If I copy & paste it pastes as:

http://edmullen.net/temp/Stan%20Rogers%20-%20The%20Witch%20of%20the%20Westmorland.mp3

so not sure why you're missing the %20's.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/34.0 SeaMonkey/2.31
Build identifier: 20141202221415

I've not tried on 2.32

Gary