Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
A correspondent has forwarded one of my outgoing messages back to me
as an .eml file, which I have duly saved to my desktop for the moment.

If I double-click it, Windows 7 properly opens it with SeaMonkey, my
default email client, and it displays fine (including the source code,
accessible through CTRL-U). By "open" I mean it displays it as an HTML
file in the Mail app, just as it would if I double-clicked a message
from inside SeaMonkey.

I would like to move it to one of my mailboxes, but I can't figure out
how. If I do Tools | Import, SM seems to want to import the entire
mailbox tree from whatever program I specify -- I can't tell it to
import one .eml file. I can't even tell it where to look.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Just tried emailing an .eml to myself and it worked.
(It worked sending to the ng, too, by accident.)
Dragged the eml to the attachment box.
When clicking it opens the eml.

Sure. But that wasn't my question. I already know I can receive an .eml file as an attachment (that's how I got it in the first place). And I already know I can open it and view it; I said so.

I would like to move it to one of my message folders so it acts like a normal message, not an attachment. Can you do that? If I try to drag and drop it FROM the attachment pane TO a message folder, I get the "no-go" symbol (⃠) and nothing happens.

Paul B. Gallagher