Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
A correspondent has forwarded one of my outgoing messages back to me as
an .eml file, which I have duly saved to my desktop for the moment.

If I double-click it, Windows 7 properly opens it with SeaMonkey, my
default email client, and it displays fine (including the source code,
accessible through CTRL-U). By "open" I mean it displays it as an HTML
file in the Mail app, just as it would if I double-clicked a message
from inside SeaMonkey.

I would like to move it to one of my mailboxes, but I can't figure out
how. If I do Tools | Import, SM seems to want to import the entire
mailbox tree from whatever program I specify -- I can't tell it to
import one .eml file. I can't even tell it where to look.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Check out this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/importexporttools/ . It works with Seamonkey.