I'm running essentially vanilla SM 2.32.1 on a system under 64 bit Windows 8.1. Since I moved to this system I've been experiencing a random delay after forwarding or, less frequently, sending an email. I get a small status window that says the email was forwarded and with a progress bar green line running anywhere from 35 to 100%. SM is in an uninterruptible wait state in that I cannot select another email or do anything else on the system. If I select "Cancel" in the status window, Windows says the app is not responding and it can cancel SM. Cancel frees up the system. The message has been forwarded; I can verify this by forwarding to myself and checking on another system. If I just wait for 90 seconds instead of doing anything with the status window the progress bar goes to 100%, the status window disappears and the message I am forwarding gets posted with a little blue arrow to show it was forwarded. Everything returns to normal. At this point I'm thinking it has something to do with Win 8.1 since I did not experience this delay on our previous XP system. Any suggestions would be welcome.