On 3/4/2015 6:06 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 04/03/15 09:05, Dick Hoffman wrote:
On 3/3/2015 10:16 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
Dick Hoffman wrote on 3/2/2015 3:11 PM:
I'm running essentially vanilla SM 2.32.1 on a system under 64 bit
Windows 8.1. Since I moved to this system I've been experiencing a
random delay after forwarding or, less frequently, sending an email. I
get a small status window that says the email was forwarded and with a
progress bar green line running anywhere from 35 to 100%. SM is in an
uninterruptible wait state in that I cannot select another email or do
anything else on the system. If I select "Cancel" in the status window,
Windows says the app is not responding and it can cancel SM. Cancel
frees up the system. The message has been forwarded; I can verify this
by forwarding to myself and checking on another system. If I just wait
for 90 seconds instead of doing anything with the status window the
progress bar goes to 100%, the status window disappears and the message
I am forwarding gets posted with a little blue arrow to show it was
forwarded. Everything returns to normal. At this point I'm thinking it
has something to do with Win 8.1 since I did not experience this delay
on our previous XP system. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Test it in Safe Mode which disables all add-ons.

Tried forwarding in Safe Mode and the same thing happened on the second
email I forwarded.

No, not forward but switch SM to Safe Mode. Have a look at Help->Restart
with Add-ons disabled.

Sorry my last post wasn't clear. Yes, I started SM in Safe Mode, went to Mail, and forwarded two emails to my wife. The first went with no problem, the second experienced the delay I described in my original post.