On 06/03/15 07:27, Dick Hoffman wrote:
On 3/5/2015 4:14 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 5/03/2015 3:44 AM, Dick Hoffman wrote:
On 3/4/2015 6:06 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 04/03/15 09:05, Dick Hoffman wrote:

<Snip>

Tried forwarding in Safe Mode and the same thing happened on the
second
email I forwarded.

No, not forward but switch SM to Safe Mode. Have a look at
Help->Restart
with Add-ons disabled.

Sorry my last post wasn't clear. Yes, I started SM in Safe Mode, went to
Mail, and forwarded two emails to my wife. The first went with no
problem, the second experienced the delay I described in my original
post.

O.K., when did the delay occur?? Was it the same e-mail (and attachment)
that you forwarded both times?? Did SM show the little "Sending Mail"
screen for a long time in the second instance?? Or did the little screen
disappear in about the same time, just that the "outside world" took its
time delivering the second e-mail to your wife??

No, it was not the same email and no attachments were involved. The
delay starts when the "sending Mail" little screen appears. The little
screen says "Mail sent successfully", which is true. The little screen
persists for the entire 90 seconds that the delay occurs, only going
away when the little blue arrow is posted to the entry in the inbox list
corresponding to the forwarded email.

Thank you.

Could you have a look in your SM Sent folder to determine the size of the two e-mails sent??

You may need to enable the "Size" column in your "sent" folder .. if so, click the squiggly line symbol at the right hand end of the column headers in the "Threads" Pane and select "Size".

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150215202114