On 03/19/2015 05:28 PM, Mason83 wrote:
On 19/03/2015 22:20, Mason83 wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to use the calendaring add-on "Lightning". But every time I
want to install it, going back several months, I can't because  it is
said to be incompatible.

Has anyone managed to use Lightning on Seamonkey?

Hmmm, guess I should read the release notes more closely!

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.33/

Extensions with binary components such as Lightning, Enigmail and
HTML Validator only work on certain platforms (e.g. Windows).
Furthermore they need to be adjusted for each new SeaMonkey release,
which also means that an old version of such an add-on can break
SeaMonkey if you disabled compatibility checking (which e.g. happens
when you install the Add-on Compatibility Reporter add-on).

For Lightning, please check the Stable Releases section on the
Calendar Versions page. Alternatively check the Lightning add-on page
(Development Channel at the bottom of the page).

For Enigmail, please refer to the Enigmail Nightly Builds page.

For HTML Validator you need to check whether the Firefox version that
appears on SeaMonkey's about: page is listed on the 0.9x download
page. Note that only Windows is supported at this time.

SeaMonkey 2.29 dropped support for the legacy JavaScript Debugger
interface (JSD1). Hence add-ons that relied on it, like the
JavaScript Debugger (Venkman) that came bundled with SeaMonkey, or
Firebug 1.x, have stopped working. While Venkman has been
discontinued, Firebug can simply be upgraded to a more recent version
(2.x) which supports the new JSD2 interface. If you are searching for
a Venkman replacement (especially for debugging SeaMonkey itself or
add-ons), have a look at the Tiny JavaScript Debugger add-on.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Calendar/Calendar_Versions#Stable_Releases

So I should use Lightning version 3.8b2
(Doesn't the "b" stand for beta?)

Regards.

Yes it does stand for Beta.

--
Kubuntu 14.10 | KDE 4.14.1 | Thunderbird 38.0a2(Earlybird)
[Coexist - Understanding Across Divides](https://www.coexist.org/)