Dennis wrote:
Miles Fidelman wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 04/22/2015 08:56 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/22/2015 4:02 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Is it just me, or are other folks experiencing frequent hangs in the
Seamonkey browser?

It seems like half the web pages I visit these days lead to spinning
beachballs, 100% machine load, and often, the need to force quit and
restart.

Miles Fidelman

See my message "SeaMonkey and Yahoo" in this same newsgroup. The
problem seemed to disappear this afternoon.

For me, it's not just Yahoo - it's pretty much any site that loads lots
of stuff from lots of places.  It's been going on for multiple releases
and seems to keep getting worse.

Miles Fidelman

What else do you have using bandwidth at the same time? Torrents,
streaming music, Usenet downloads, automatically checking email often?

I'm on 25mbps FIOS connection - bandwidth is not the issue.  When I
watch the process (Mac, Activity Monitor), I see frequent CPU loadings
of 100%, and "process not responding."  I expect some of this is various
cookies and widgets that are coupled to non-responsive sites, as well as
pages with very inefficient JavaScript - but I expect a lot of it has to
do with how SeaMonkey handles progressive page loading and parallel

Some sites do not like adblock plus. I have had some sites bounce the
cpu pretty high and hold it there. You might try disabling adblock plus,
if you have it installed, on the troublesome sites. And if that was the
problem then I do not revisit those sites.

Not Adblock - I've had it turned off for a while.  Sigh...