DoctorBill wrote:
I just booted up and the following thing was on my SM Browser page.
Came up w/o any prompt.

When things appear w/o bidding, i am very skeptical about it being a
scam or Maleware
trying to get on my system if I click on anything.

http://www.cys-audiovideodownloader.com/

Is this authentic ?

I would like to get a program or extension or
add-on that will extract (capture) ANY video on any web site....like on
"News" web pages or blogs etc.

Is there such a thing....that is safe to download?

DoctorBill

I would be very suspicious of anything that popped up spontaneously like that. If you want an extension to save videos, try getting one from the Mozilla addons site.