Lee:
  Where might the config.txt be buried on a Windows 7 machine ?
  Proxy helped a little..
Thanks
Rodney

Lee wrote:
On 6/15/15, Rodney Sampson <rsamp...@kc.rr.com> wrote:
O/S: Win 7 Pro w/ 8gb Ram.
I have 3 profiles and it happens on all 3
Straight text works fine, there's something in the mails with embedded
images.
I've booted, cleaned and defragged , after it freezes, I can restart and
sometimes
   view the mail it got stuck on.
It would be helpful if there was a log of loading (websites) so I could see
if there's  something in common.
If SeaMonkey is locking up an addon to show that URLs are referenced
probably won't work, so use an external proxy.  I like Privoxy:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/ijbswa/files/Win32/3.0.23%20%28stable%29/
logging is disabled by default, so all the following to config.txt
logdir c:\temp
logfile privoxy.log
debug     1 # Log the destination for each request Privoxy let
through. See also debug 1024.
debug  1024 # Log the destination for requests Privoxy didn't let
through, and the reason why.
debug  4096 # Startup banner and warnings
debug  8192 # Non-fatal errors

and you can try enabling some/all of the following
#  == verbose: normally OFF
# debug    8 # show header parsing - helpful but verbose
# debug   16 # log all data
# debug 32768 # show received data

and remember to 'mkdir \temp'

If you haven't heard of Process Monitor it might be worth a try:
   Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that
shows real-time
   file system, Registry and process/thread activity.
   https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

same with Process Explorer
   https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Regards,
Lee

Thanks
Rodney

Rodney Sampson wrote:

All:
     Is there logging mechanism that I can turn on to try to locate my
issues ?
Thanks

Rodney Sampson wrote:
All:
     I've sent in a couple of dump files to the list from the aborts.
     Types of events noticed:
           Hard CPU loop > 60% of processor.
           Keyboard lockup when SM is active window.
           Total SM abort , dump files sent, one has my email to respond
to...
       I have a current Windows dump take when keyboard lockup occurred.
(send to whom 102Mb)
      Any ideas on how to resolve this issue ?
Thanks
Rodney
First what operating system are you using?
Second, if you can, have you tried to make a new user profile?
Thirdly, I suspect you have attempted to reboot your computer? This can
often solve strange computer behavior.

Can you log into your computer as another user and launch Seamonky as
another user?

Don't know what else to suggest.