chicagofan wrote:
What is the most reliable version available now?  I've read of so many problems
I can't
keep up with them, and I've been afraid to upgrade, because my short term
memory is so
pathetic, and I've also forgotten the steps to upgrade [safely]. I'm assuming
instructions
will still be at the site where the downloads are.

Anyone have a feeling which version has the least problems now? I'm being
pushed to do
this, because when I was forced to use Firefox the other day to do something,
they updated
it to version 31. [I didn't know it was set to auto update, I have now changed
that.]   I
will appreciate any suggestions to reduce my anxiety, and take pity on me,
because I'm
old.  :)
bj

We probably all use different versions.
Don't trust header info.
My SM is 2.26.1, Win XP.  It works great.  The last of the good SM's.
I am not worried about mal stuff or being hacked.
That has not happened to me since 1991.