chicagofan wrote:
What is the most reliable version available now?  I've read of so many problems
can't keep up with them, and I've been afraid to upgrade, because my short term
memory is so pathetic, and I've also forgotten the steps to upgrade [safely].
I'm
assuming instructions will still be at the site where the downloads are.

Anyone have a feeling which version has the least problems now? I'm being
pushed to
do this, because when I was forced to use Firefox the other day to do
something, they
updated it to version 31. [I didn't know it was set to auto update, I have now
changed that.]   I will appreciate any suggestions to reduce my anxiety, and
take
pity on me, because I'm old.  :)
bj

I'm still on 2.26.1, but that's for very specific reasons that very likely wouldn't apply to you.

As far as upgrading goes, I've discovered you can do it with wild abandon. Just uninstall the old, run the new installer. It really is as simple as that. My data has always remained intact.