Daniel wrote:
On 29/06/2015 12:25 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

This is with proper emptying trash and junk and compacting. I just have
archived my messages for the past 16 years.

That may be the difference!!..... I archive all my (19 years) e-mails,
etc, in folders under the "Local Folders", so my main Mail account only
has this years stuff!

Not sure that would make much of a difference, stored the same way just a different file name in your Mail directory. Anyway I used to do it manually with a custom folder "Archive/YEAR" in the profile before the archive feature was added. Afterwards all I had to do was rename "Archive" to "Archives".

--
Take care,

Jonathan