On 3/07/2015 12:40 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 2/07/2015 12:33 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

<snip>

Okay, compaction only works on the Mail folders of course. My *Mail*
folders are a total of 4.15 GB for 3 accounts, compacted. My whole
profile folder (which contains the Mail folders) is only 4.65 GB, i.e.
only 500MB of non-mail data. So the question is why do you have 3+GB of
stuff in your profile excluding your mail data? That is if I understand
you correctly. I can safely say that is not typical.

Jonathan, when you (or I) create a new Profile, it is made at one level
below where you (or I) tell SM where to make it. *And I almost always
get caught out by that* so my profile is contained at H:\Internet
_Programs\Profile\Profile\Mail\mail.albury.net.au, and *yes* I did mean
to type Profile twice, and I think I might have another old profile
further down the chain.

Similarly, my Local Folders is contained at H:\Internet
_Programs\Profile\Profile\Mail\Local Folders.

One day, I'll do a complete re-install of SeaMonkey (Both Win32 and
Linux) and get my profile sorted out once and for all!!  One Day ... ;-P

Okay, I have installed SeaMonkey on Windows and Linux and moved profiles
back and forth from both and crosswise, i.e., from Windows to Linux.
Default locations for profiles is in a folder named with a random salt,
but you can name it anything you want.

Windows: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[SALT].default
Linux: ~/mozilla/seamonkey/Profiles\[SALT].default

You can sort out your profile location very easily, *without*
reinstalling SeaMonkey. All you have to do is edit the profile location
config file: profiles.ini. The location of the profiles.ini is:

Windows: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\profiles.ini
Linux: ~/mozilla/seamonkey/profiles.ini

Why have two profiles?? Your Linux can "see" your Windows, so if you point *both* your Linux SM and your Windows SM to the same Windows profile, you have all your data available to you, doesn't matter what OS you are in at the time!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150215202114