Paul Bergsagel wrote:

To enable full screen for youtube videos type about:config in the address
bar browser window.

In the widow that appears look for the search box and type "full"

Change these two items from false to true:

full-screen-api.content-only

and

full-screen-api.enabled

Once these two items are changed from false to true you can click on the
full screen icon of youtube HTML 5 videos and enter full screen. There
is no need to force youtube to use flash instead of html 5 video format.

To exit full screen simply use the ESC key on your keyboard.

OK, now that I have 2.35 I tested these.

On my system, full-screen-api.content-only has no effect, alone or in combination with the other key.

However, full-screen-api.enabled works, alone or in combination with the other key, but it leaves the location bar visible above the vid, so it's not true full screen.

What happened here? I've been playing YouTube videos full screen for years without difficulty, even after this thread began, but the moment I upgraded to 2.35 I lost that capability. Has someone filed a bug?

Paul B. Gallagher