Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
OK, now that I have 2.35 I tested these.

On my system, full-screen-api.content-only has no effect, alone or
in combination with the other key.

However, full-screen-api.enabled works, alone or in combination
with the other key, but it leaves the location bar visible above
the vid, so it's not true full screen.

What happened here? I've been playing YouTube videos full screen
for years without difficulty, even after this thread began, but the
moment I upgraded to 2.35 I lost that capability. Has someone filed
a bug?

Youtube changed something a few weeks ago.  The full screen
expando-square icon on 2.26.1 stopped working at that time.
I can still get full screen by right clicking but several on 2.35 said
they just get a black screen.

Mm-hm, I saw that, but I didn't experience any change until I upgraded. I don't get the black screen, just a little note in the video pane saying FS is unavailable, with a link "Learn More" to a page that doesn't solve it.
<https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6276924>
I don't have any special permissions set for YouTube.

If YouTube changed something a few weeks ago, it was something that didn't affect me until 2.35.

Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0 (18.0.0.232) is up to date.
Shockwave for Director (v. 12.2.0.162) is up to date.

Paul B. Gallagher