sean wrote on 11/2/2015 1:24 PM:
On 11/02/2015 10:58 AM, sean wrote:
new this morning, I went to retrieve an e'mail which i have sent to the
archives... only to find all the folders there blank, or rather empty of
their archives...

this is either utterly distressing, or a sign from The Universe to stop
keeping 15 yrs of e'mail archives in my local folders... ;~)

the mail is still in the various folders after i navigate to them inside
of my profile... deleting the associated .msf file did not restore the
mail when i reopened Seamonkey though...

Try right-clicking the folder, click Properties, on the General Information tab click the Repair Folder button.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/