sean wrote:
On 11/02/2015 11:30 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
sean wrote on 11/2/2015 1:24 PM:
On 11/02/2015 10:58 AM, sean wrote:
new this morning, I went to retrieve an e'mail which i have sent to
the
archives... only to find all the folders there blank, or rather
empty of
their archives...

this is either utterly distressing, or a sign from The Universe to
stop
keeping 15 yrs of e'mail archives in my local folders... ;~)

the mail is still in the various folders after i navigate to them
inside
of my profile... deleting the associated .msf file did not restore the
mail when i reopened Seamonkey though...

Try right-clicking the folder, click Properties, on the General
Information tab click the Repair Folder button.

was my first bit of triage, no change... i've copied all of the archives
elsewhere and am preparing to test a new profile... since i'm having
trouble in linux trying to figure out how to open it in safe mode, since
./seamonkey -safe-mode  isn't opening properly (still a bit of a linux
n00b and don't know the file structure well)

just did a moving around of a few of the archive folders... everything
now shows up there as it was previously... not gonna spend any extra
time on the old profile, transfer what i need and delete it...

i just love Seamonkey...

bookmarks and addressbooks moved... calendar file exported... all archived mail now appears... can't think of anything else i need to move... but will wait a few days to jog my memory...