DoctorBill wrote:

I often get Mail where a pdf file needs Adobe reader to see it.
I have Adobe Reader, but it is not associated with SM.
I have to click on the link that says I don't have Adobe !  THEN it
loads.  Kind of clunky.

Is there a way to get the Adobe Reader "into" SM or have it go there
automatically ?

I went to the Add-Ons for SM, but all I saw was some thing about "Adobe
Dynamic Tag Managment (DTM)" at Mozilla.org    ????????

Not enough into jargon and the programming of SM to understand this stuff.

Can someone enlighten me on this subject ?

There are two basic approaches to this:

1) Save the attachment to your hard disk and open it from there. With Adobe Reader installed, Windows will already know how to handle PDFs.

2) Open the attachment in SeaMonkey. Right-click the filename in the attachment pane and choose "Open." If as you say SeaMonkey doesn't know how to handle PDFs, it will ask for instructions. When you choose Adobe Reader, check the box telling SM to do this every time it encounters a PDF and you'll be fine from then on.

Paul B. Gallagher