DoctorBill wrote on 28/11/2015 16:53:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:

On 28/11/2015 4:48 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

There are two basic approaches to this:

1) Save the attachment to your hard disk and
open it from there.
With Adobe Reader installed, Windows will
already know how to
handle PDFs.

2) Open the attachment in SeaMonkey.
Right-click the filename in
the attachment pane and choose "Open." If as
you say SeaMonkey
doesn't know how to handle PDFs, it will ask
for instructions. When
you choose Adobe Reader, check the box telling
SM to do this every
time it encounters a PDF and you'll be fine
from then on.

Paul, would another (a third) possibility for
Doctor Bill be to
select Edit->Preferences->Browser->Helper
Applications and there
select what he wants to open his PDF attachments
in the Browser
screen??

Yes, provided SM has already seen at least one PDF
and saved a policy decision. I wasn't ready to
make that assumption, since he says it doesn't
know how to handle them. If there's no entry in
the prefs, how can he edit it?

I would also note that websites serve PDFs with
several different MIME types, so an "experienced"
copy of SeaMonkey will have several entries in the
prefs. Mine has five, for example.

I found a Canon Camera Manuals site where I pick some camera model and the pdf file immediately popped up !

Your advice led me to getting Adobe to load pdf files automatically.

Great !   Thank you again !

DoctorBill
I had also informed Adobe Acrobat Reader that it's better to open the pdf itself instead of opening in SM.

But recently I simply switched to Foxit Reader due to the change Acrobat Reader have done without reasons. This new ans unresolved bug is explained here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1812515