On 11/01/2016 6:23 AM, Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez wrote:
El 09/01/16 a las 20:15, Paul B. Gallagher escribió:
The problem isn't that it's locked; I can easily change it to the
appropriate language whenever I want. The problem is that it changes
on its own to an inappropriate language. If I were composing a Russian
message and it switched to the Russian dictionary, that would be fine.
But when I'm composing an English message and it switches to the
Russian dictionary, that makes no sense.

Just to confirm that, from time to time, I experience the same
problem, and I have been told that the same happens in Firefox, so it
is an infrastructure issue, not something specific of SeaMonkey.

JM2C

Sorry, Ricardo, but what do you mean by "so it is an infrastructure issue"??

You are using SeaMonkey on Linux whilst Paul is using SeaMonkey on Windows. So, most likely, it is not an OS problem!

Seems to me the common element is SeaMonkey or Firefox on which it is built. Or, rather, might that be Thunderbird, on which the SM e-mail client is built??

--
Daniel

Happy Holiday Season to one and all.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.39 Build identifier: 20151028234211
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501