David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/10/2016 1:38 PM, Danny Kile wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/10/2016 8:57 AM, Danny Kile wrote:
AcroRd32.exe "This program is preventing Windows from Restarting or
Shutting Down. I have to go into Task Manager and end the process for
AcroRd32.exe to get the PC to resume. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
Adobe Acrobat Reader and Upgraded to the newest version still get the
problem. Anyone know how to resolve this? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

The plugin for Adobe Reader is nppdf32.dll, not acrord32.exe.  This is
NOT a SeaMonkey or other Mozilla problem.

AcroRd32.exe is what gets loaded in a SeaMonkey tab when I click on a
WEB link that contains a pdf. As long as use SM without click on a link
with a pdf I have no problems. If open a pdf that is save it open with
AcroRd32.exe with no problem. When I close the Reader then it closes
completely and when I go to Task Manager it is not listed so it does
close. It is only when SeaMonkey call Adobe does it stay open, it as if
SM will not release it when done.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.39

Right now, I am looking at a PDF document rendered as a link in a Web
page.  My Windows Task Manager does NOT indicate AcroRd32.exe is a
running process.

After writing the above, I terminated SeaMonkey.  My Windows Task
Manager still does NOT indicate AcroRd32.exe is a running process.

What version of Adobe Reader do you have?  Or are you using Adobe
Acrobat (the writer)?

On your SeaMonkey menu bar, go to [Edit > Preferences > Browser > Helper
Applications].  What do you see under Content Type for application/pdf?

My version of Adobe Reader is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15.9.20069 and according to Adobe that is the latest if I try to update. Under [Edit > Preferences > Browser > Helper > Applications] I have 7 entries for Adobe Acrobat the one I think your asking for is application/pdf is set to Always Ask.

I have notice that I can avoids the above problem if I close any/all tabs open with a pdf open and them make some other tab the active before shutting down, it then close down normally. But if I have a tab open with a pdf doc in then I have the problem.

Thank you for your help.