Ian wrote on 1/15/2016 10:45 PM:
I've been able to download, install, and run Seamonkey before so I'm
not exactly sure what is going on this time.

And, based on you post, neither are we!

I looked through the
forums and community pages and found various things pertaining to  the
two problems I had but none covered the two together.

Well, we have no idea of either of your two problems based on this post.

I'm sending a
screenshot of my terminal after running ./seamonkey

And, um, WHEN are you sending the screenshot?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/