Ian Murphy wrote:
On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 2:14:47 AM UTC-5, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:

Ian wrote on 1/15/2016 10:45 PM:
I've been able to download, install, and run Seamonkey before so
I'm not exactly sure what is going on this time.

And, based on you post, neither are we!

I looked through the forums and community pages and found various
things pertaining to the two problems I had but none covered the
two together.

Well, we have no idea of either of your two problems based on this
post.

I'm sending a screenshot of my terminal after running ./seamonkey

And, um, WHEN are you sending the screenshot?

AFAIK attachments are blocked here, so he probably meant well but failed
to accomplish it. Ian, you'll have to put the screenshot somewhere else
and post a link here.

And if you want help, you'll have to give your helpers a lot more to go
on than this. I'm afraid mind-reading is not a common skill hereabouts.

Paul B. Gallagher

Sorry about that guys, that probably aggravated you. You guys are asses...and I love it lol I don't when I originally sent the message to to moderator, the attachment was there, when I realized I needed to subscribe (I get ahead of myself at times) I signed up, then went to forward it from my email client and I, with a faulty assumption, thought it was going to sent the previously attached jpeg. I was profoundly wrong...Anyway..I'm running Linux 4.2.0-23 Ubuntu (Wily) I realize that very well could be the issue, but I thought unlikely. It says failure something to the effect of a XPCOMGlue error in libxul.so /w a failure to load libasound.so.2 but (Not included in Seamonkey download) but I already had that particular library installed. XPCOM could not load...but without further adieu...the screen shot: https://goo.gl/photos/RY9izhWLCFMt2MZy9 ...as for comments on the different ways to have sent the info (copy/paste, blah-foobar blah, etc) "To each his own fucked up ways"
lol

How id you install SeaMonkey? Didn't you use the PPA?

<http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/ppa/ubuntuzilla>

Your install seems non-standard and may indicated that you messed up on installing it. The PPA is a piece of cake, and default to install executable in /opt/

jonathan@nomad:~$ dpkg -L seamonkey-mozilla-build
/.
/usr
/usr/bin
/usr/share
/usr/share/applications
/usr/share/applications/seamonkey-mozilla-build.desktop
/usr/share/pixmaps
/usr/share/pixmaps/seamonkey-mozilla-build.png
/opt
/opt/seamonkey
/opt/seamonkey/platform.ini
/opt/seamonkey/crashreporter
/opt/seamonkey/plugin-container
/opt/seamonkey/updater.ini
/opt/seamonkey/libfreebl3.chk
/opt/seamonkey/application.ini
/opt/seamonkey/liblgpllibs.so
/opt/seamonkey/libmozsqlite3.so
/opt/seamonkey/distribution
/opt/seamonkey/distribution/extensions
/opt/seamonkey/distribution/extensions/inspec...@mozilla.org.xpi
/opt/seamonkey/distribution/extensions/{59c81df5-4b7a-477b-912d-4e0fdf64e5f2}.xpi
/opt/seamonkey/Throbber-small.gif
/opt/seamonkey/precomplete
/opt/seamonkey/dependentlibs.list
/opt/seamonkey/seamonkey-bin
/opt/seamonkey/searchplugins
/opt/seamonkey/searchplugins/google.xml
/opt/seamonkey/searchplugins/duckduckgo.xml
/opt/seamonkey/searchplugins/wikipedia.xml
/opt/seamonkey/searchplugins/yahoo.xml
/opt/seamonkey/license.txt
/opt/seamonkey/icons
/opt/seamonkey/icons/updater.png
/opt/seamonkey/libxul.so
/opt/seamonkey/isp
/opt/seamonkey/isp/SpamAssassin.sfd
/opt/seamonkey/isp/DSPAM.sfd
/opt/seamonkey/isp/POPFile.sfd
/opt/seamonkey/isp/movemail.rdf
/opt/seamonkey/isp/SpamPal.sfd
/opt/seamonkey/isp/Bogofilter.sfd
/opt/seamonkey/isp/rss.rdf
/opt/seamonkey/libsoftokn3.chk
/opt/seamonkey/libsoftokn3.so
/opt/seamonkey/crashreporter-override.ini
/opt/seamonkey/update-settings.ini
/opt/seamonkey/libplds4.so
/opt/seamonkey/libnspr4.so
/opt/seamonkey/libssl3.so
/opt/seamonkey/libplc4.so
/opt/seamonkey/libldap60.so
/opt/seamonkey/libnssutil3.so
/opt/seamonkey/libnss3.so
/opt/seamonkey/run-mozilla.sh
/opt/seamonkey/blocklist.xml
/opt/seamonkey/removed-files
/opt/seamonkey/crashreporter.ini
/opt/seamonkey/libprldap60.so
/opt/seamonkey/libfreebl3.so
/opt/seamonkey/extensions
/opt/seamonkey/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.xpi
/opt/seamonkey/extensions/mod...@themes.mozilla.org.xpi
/opt/seamonkey/libnssdbm3.chk
/opt/seamonkey/defaults
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/messenger
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/messenger/mailViews.dat
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/profile
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/profile/panels.rdf
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/profile/mimeTypes.rdf
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/profile/chrome
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/profile/chrome/userContent-example.css
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/profile/chrome/userChrome-example.css
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/pref
/opt/seamonkey/defaults/pref/channel-prefs.js
/opt/seamonkey/chrome.manifest
/opt/seamonkey/components
/opt/seamonkey/components/components.manifest
/opt/seamonkey/components/libmozgnome.so
/opt/seamonkey/components/libdbusservice.so
/opt/seamonkey/components/libsuite.so
/opt/seamonkey/libnssdbm3.so
/opt/seamonkey/updater
/opt/seamonkey/libsmime3.so
/opt/seamonkey/seamonkey
/opt/seamonkey/libnssckbi.so
/opt/seamonkey/libldif60.so
/opt/seamonkey/omni.ja
/opt/seamonkey/chrome
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/messengerWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/findBookmarkWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/ablistWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/abcardWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/bookmarkproperties.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/main-window.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/findBookmarkWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/abcardWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/history-window.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/ablistWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/messengerWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/bookmarkproperties48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/addressbookWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/history-window48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/findHistoryWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/default48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/msgcomposeWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/downloadManager48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/editorWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/default16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/JSConsoleWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/addressbookWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/ablistWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/downloadManager16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/main-window48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/JSConsoleWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/default.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/seamonkey.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/bookmarkproperties16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/findHistoryWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/downloadManager.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/findBookmarkWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/msgcomposeWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/abcardWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/places48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/editorWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/findHistoryWindow48.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/main-window16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/history-window16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/msgcomposeWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/places16.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/editorWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/messengerWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/places.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/addressbookWindow.png
/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/JSConsoleWindow16.png
/opt/seamonkey/dictionaries
/opt/seamonkey/dictionaries/en-US.aff
/opt/seamonkey/dictionaries/en-US.dic
/usr/bin/seamonkey