On 2/17/2016 3:49 AM, Ken wrote:
> Ken wrote:
>> EE wrote:

>>> You can change a setting in about:config to make the browser wait longer
>>> before deciding that a script is not working.  I did that, and rarely
>>> see that error message now.  The settings:
>>> dom.max_chrome_script_run_time -> 30
>>> dom.max_script_run_time -> 20
>>>

>> I tried to visit pages where I had the problem, but I cannot get it to
>> respond as it did.  If I get another such failure I will post the exact
>> link.  I am beginning to think it is the timing problem the way it
>> behaves.  Thanks to all for your comments.
>
> Here is a site where I encounter the problem:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Pentalobe-Screwdrivers-iPhone-MacBook/dp/B00NG2ABSU?tag=b0c55-20

The Web page loads without any error message.  However, I can tell
something is happening.  The Stop button flashes red (meaning something
should be stoppable) and the throbber continues to bubble.  It seems
that the page does not really complete its loading and display.
Selecting the Stop button does not stop what is happening.  I see this
both with all my extensions enabled and with SeaMonkey in Safe Mode.

This page puts five errors, many warnings, and two message into my error
console.  According to the W3C validation tools, the page has 121 HTML
errors and 521 CSS errors.  You are thus afflicted with "Garbage in
equals garbage out."

--
David E. Ross

While many tributes to the late Supreme Court Associate Justice
Antonin Scalia now fill the news media, his legacy was not
necessarily positive.  See my "What Price Order, Mr. Justice Scalia?"
at <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_scalia_wrong.html>.