Christian Riechers wrote:
On 03/12/2016 10:40 PM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez wrote:
Similar, but not exactly that reason. Google is promoting its own
protocol for authentications, on the basis that the current scheme of
login + password is flawed. It may or may not be true (I read it some
time ago, and I don't really like it too much). The protocol is not
closed (Google is, AFAIK, not asking for money for sites or services
wanting to use it), so it is more like Google wants to be recognized
for being the author of a critical shift in how services authenticate.

What protocol?

OAuth2

For web browser authorization. Again, for a mail client? Not a push for their webmail portal?

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1039130>

--
Take care,

Jonathan