> That's using an IMAP server (see "Server Type" at the top), and looks
> the same as I see for IMAP servers on Windows.

Yes, it is IMAP, buut that is what I want.  Your explanation is clear to me
about the difference between IMAP and POP, but I was given to understand from
the person who posted the above suggestion that it would do just that...allow
you to see a combined inbox.  And IF it is so for Windows, my point is that I
do NOT see that option in my setup.   So I am still confused about that.

You other suggestion is worth exploring, and I will consider that, but i first
want to confirm if the suggested solution above for"Global
> Inbox (Local Folders). is conrrect for Windows but not for Mac.

For the record, what I want to see is what OSX Mail already does:

https://www.evernote.com/l/AQq11b-PI_5JibeGQ4dA1D1xOq12TNu8UtM

Thanks for the response and alternative suggestion.