It's likely bad entries in the permissions database. The migration of them in
2.39
and 2.40 sometimes didn't work well. You can also currently kill the Data
Manager
by adding a permission for an about: page or a similar uri. And if you do not
have
a default dictionary entry the passworts won't work either. The later one is
already fixed in 2.41+ but the Data Manager changes have not been checked in
yet.

Anway. I would suggest useing a a new profile after 2.38. So much junk got
migrated. Even with the fixed Data Manager I junked mine and never looked back.
Cleared a few problems.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:25:48 -0400, Bill Spikowski wrote:

>>Gilles CARINATO wrote:
>>> May I advise that the "passwords manager" is not operative for the two last
versions of Seamonkey 2.39 and 2.40...
>>> Apparently the "remember" function works, but there is no more display
available of the identification codes and  passwords stored.

>>That's not my experience -- the password manager works the same for me in
>>2.40
as it has for years.

 Regards
 Frank-Rainer Grahl