On 4/5/2016 10:40 AM, OG wrote:
> While in SeaMonkey for newsgroups (mail) I click on a posted link and
> SeaMonkey opens its web browser.
> Unfortunately SeaMonkey cannot handle the web page.
>
> So how do I tell SeaMonkey Mail to open say FireFox as the defaut?

If you have the latest SeaMonkey, it should render Web pages the same
way as Firefox.  Instead of actually using Firefox, have you tried using
SeaMonkey while spoofing Firefox?

The only problem is with Web sites that sniff the user agent (UA) string
and reject visits from browsers that have "SeaMonkey" in their UA
strings.  You can fool such sites and defeat their sniffing by having
SeaMonkey indicate it is Firefox.

Methods for spoofing other browsers have been extensively discussed in
this newsgroup.

--
David E. Ross

While many tributes to the late Supreme Court Associate Justice
Antonin Scalia now fill the news media, his legacy was not
necessarily positive.  See my "What Price Order, Mr. Justice Scalia?"
at <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_scalia_wrong.html>.