On 4/24/2016 11:02 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Example:
> <http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sanders-staying-race-good-democratic-party/story?id=38620293>
>
> I click the play button over and over again, and nothing happens.
>
> Drop the same URL into Internet Exploiter and it works fine.
>
> Noncompliant coding, I assume?

Windows 7 SP1
SeaMonkey/2.40
Flash 21.0 r0(213)

I was able to play the video with the following changes to my usual
configuration.  No, I do not know if all of these changes were
necessary; I merely did all of them before trying the link.

*  Spoof (sort of) Firefox:
        Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
                SeaMonkey/2.40
        =>
        Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
                SeaMonkey/2.40, NOT Firefox/45.0

*       Images only from the originating server => All images

*       FlashBlock enabled > FlashBlock disabled

*       AdBlock Plus enabled > AdBlock Plus disabled

*       HTML5 media disabled > HTML5 media enabled

*       Secret Agent enabled > Secret Agent disabled

*       Popups disabled > Popups enabled

Fortunately, I tailored PrefBar to have checkboxes and menu lists to
make all of these changes.  Thus, I was able to do them quickly and then
to reverse them.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Sarah Palin claims Bill Nye (the "Science Guy") is no more
a scientist than she is.  Nye has a Bachelor of Science degree
in mechanical engineering.  Palin has degree in communications
with an emphasis on journalism.  Somehow, engineering seems to
be more scientific than journalism.