On 4/24/2016 7:07 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/2016 11:02 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>>> Example:
>>> <http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sanders-staying-race-good-democratic-party/story?id=38620293>
>>>
>>> I click the play button over and over again, and nothing happens.
>>>
>>> Drop the same URL into Internet Exploiter and it works fine.
>>>
>>> Noncompliant coding, I assume?
>>>
>> Windows 7 SP1
>> SeaMonkey/2.40
>> Flash 21.0 r0(213)
>>
>> I was able to play the video with the following changes to my usual
>> configuration.  No, I do not know if all of these changes were
>> necessary; I merely did all of them before trying the link.
>>
>> *  Spoof (sort of) Firefox:
>>      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
>>              SeaMonkey/2.40
>>      =>
>>      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
>>              SeaMonkey/2.40, NOT Firefox/45.0
>>
>> *    Images only from the originating server => All images
>>
>> *    FlashBlock enabled > FlashBlock disabled
>>
>> *    AdBlock Plus enabled > AdBlock Plus disabled
>>
>> *    HTML5 media disabled > HTML5 media enabled
>>
>> *    Secret Agent enabled > Secret Agent disabled
>>
>> *    Popups disabled > Popups enabled
>>
>> Fortunately, I tailored PrefBar to have checkboxes and menu lists to
>> make all of these changes.  Thus, I was able to do them quickly and then
>> to reverse them.
>
> Inchsting...
>
> I'm already advertising Firefox compatibility, so inserting the word
> "NOT" shouldn't help, right?
>
> Don't have Flashblock.
>
> Tried disabling ABP everywhere, no joy.
>
> Don't have Secret Agent.
>
> IE doesn't play video in a popup, so that shouldn't matter, should it?
>
> If I want to enable HTML5 media without installing PrefBar, do you know
> a way?

There is nothing under [Edit > Preferences] to control HTML5 media.  You
will have to request about:config.  The preference variable is
media.autoplay.enabled.  "True" enables it; "false" disables it.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Sarah Palin claims Bill Nye (the "Science Guy") is no more
a scientist than she is.  Nye has a Bachelor of Science degree
in mechanical engineering.  Palin has degree in communications
with an emphasis on journalism.  Somehow, engineering seems to
be more scientific than journalism.