On 2016-06-27 11:38 AM, Henrik37 wrote:
Chris Ilias wrote:
On 2016-06-27 12:14 AM, Henrik37 wrote:
I want to move some SM 'inbox' and 'sent' mail files from a 32 bit
Win_XP PC to a 32 bit Win_7 PC.  My memory is that I can simply copy
these two files; rename them so they don't interfere with the 'inbox'
and 'sent' mail files already on the Win_7 machine and then merge the
two sets of mail files as I see fit.  Is (or was) this approach still
correct?

Yes. :)

Similarly, I would like to copy the 'bookmarks' and 'saved addresses'
files from the XP computer and move them to the Win_7 PC.  Having never
tried this in the past, what are the name(s) of the files I need to copy
from the XP computer's hard drive and how do I arrange things so I can
merge these files with the existing 'bookmarks' and 'saved addresses'
files already existing on the Win_7 machine.

Bookmarks are in places.sqlite.
Personal address book is in abook.mab.

For more info, visit
<http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#transferring>.

Thank you for so quick a response.  That is a terrific tutorial.

1) How do I differentiate between the existing 'places.sqlite' and
'abook.mab' files as I want to merge the existing files on the Win_7
with the ones I have copied from my XP machine?  Rename the files from
the XP computer 'places1.sqlite' and 'abook1.mab'?

_Bookmarks_
1. When using SeaMonkey with the original places.sqlite file, go to Bookmarks-->Manage_Bookmarks. 2. In the Bookmarks Manager, go to Tools-->Export_HTML to export your bookmarks to an HTML file. 3. Open SeaMonkey with the destination places.sqlite file, and open the Bookmarks Manager.
4. Go to Tools-->Import_HTML, and select the HTML file you saved in step 2.

_Address book_
1. Create a second address book called TEMP (or something like that). There should be a second MAB file created in your profile folder, named after that address book (e.g. TEMP.mab). 2. Rename or original address book abook.mab file to the filename SeaMonkey created in step 1. 3. Close SeaMonkey, and replace the second MAB file with the one you just renamed in step 2.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator