John E wrote:
On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 at 14:09:01 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 08/07/2016 12:36 PM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

 <snip>

Did you install SeaMonkey from a repo, or like myself and John E (the
OP) from a Mozilla tarball?

I'm sure if John E added the Ubuntuzilla repo his problem would be
solved. I install the Nightly builds and as far I am concerned, don't
really care. Just trying to solve his problem.

I did install an earlier version of SM from an Ubuntuzilla repo a couple
of years ago, but deliberately avoided doing that on my upgrade to
SM2.40 this time because...

a) it was after that earlier Ubuntuzilla version that I first lost my SM
icon on alt-tab and started getting a "?" instead'

IIRC in the earlier version you had to manually setup your shortcuts...

and more importantly...

b)  That Ubuntuzilla version would not upgrade automatically, and when I
tried a manual upgrade I ran into the XPCOMGlue Load errors that we
discussed and fixed on a seperate thread here last month.

Hmmm, not that I have witnessed. Seems to upgrade just fine.

<snip>

Well replied there Jonathan!   Thanks!   That's now fixed my alt-tab
with a proper Seamonkey icon, and I'm happy!

A critical point seems to have been your step 1 to copy seamonkey.png to
/home/john/.local/share/icons/seamonkey.png.  I didn't have any icons
folder on my /home/john/share so I had to create one and put that other
copy of "seamonkey.png" in it as the only content.  So that new icons
folder is there purely for SeamMonkey's use which I personally didn't
find too intuitive.  Anyway it works,  so that's the main thing.

Glad that it was a fix for you.

--
Take care,

Jonathan