On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 9:11:01 AM UTC-5, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> dancolema...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Maybe  browser-plugin-vlc?
> >>

> > Yeah, I tried that one as well. No avail. I'm now also having difficulty
> > streaming audio through SM on NPR's website. Video with audio works great,
> > but just audio is struggling.
> >

> Hmmm, intersting. Tried NPR and it works in SeaMonkey on Window 10, but
> fail on Ubuntu 16.04. Do not that NPR did work on Ubuntu 16.04 with
> Firefox. Something must be missing in the SeaMonkey install on Linux.
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. I don't have the technical skills (yet) to
determine exactly what might be missing, but there seems to be a hole in the
Linux SM when it comes to audio elements. I might call NPR and see if I can get
in touch with their web development team and see what they think. A long shot,
but I haven't found any solutions yet.