dancolema...@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 9:11:01 AM UTC-5, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
dancolema...@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 11:32:23 PM UTC-5, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
dan wrote:
Trying to play podcasts off of play.pocketcasts.com, and the files won't play. The
message says "Some browsers require you to install additional software to play audio
and video files." Did some research and saw that the mplayer gecko plugin might
help, but couldn't find it in LXLE's respositories.

Using the LXLE modified build of SeaMonkey 2.40. Any help with this would be
greatly appreciated. No other media has playback difficulty, as far as I can
tell.

Maybe  browser-plugin-vlc?

Yeah, I tried that one as well. No avail. I'm now also having difficulty
streaming audio through SM on NPR's website. Video with audio works great, but
just audio is struggling.

Hmmm, intersting. Tried NPR and it works in SeaMonkey on Window 10, but
fail on Ubuntu 16.04. Do not that NPR did work on Ubuntu 16.04 with
Firefox. Something must be missing in the SeaMonkey install on Linux.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. I don't have the technical skills (yet) to
determine exactly what might be missing, but there seems to be a hole in the
Linux SM when it comes to audio elements. I might call NPR and see if I can get
in touch with their web development team and see what they think. A long shot,
but I haven't found any solutions yet.

If you hit View->Page Info and select the Media tab do you see anything listed that might be your unsupported audio on linux? How about on Windows, do you see an audio media listed?

Dave