On 08/05/2016 10:10 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
dancolema...@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 11:32:23 PM UTC-5, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
dan wrote:
Trying to play podcasts off of play.pocketcasts.com, and the files won't play. The message says "Some browsers require you to install additional software to play audio and video files." Did some research and saw that the mplayer gecko plugin might help, but couldn't find it in LXLE's respositories.

Using the LXLE modified build of SeaMonkey 2.40. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. No other media has playback difficulty, as far as I can tell.

Maybe  browser-plugin-vlc?

Yeah, I tried that one as well. No avail. I'm now also having difficulty streaming audio through SM on NPR's website. Video with audio works great, but just audio is struggling.

Hmmm, intersting. Tried NPR and it works in SeaMonkey on Window 10, but fail on Ubuntu 16.04. Do not that NPR did work on Ubuntu 16.04 with Firefox. Something must be missing in the SeaMonkey install on Linux.

Tried NPR and it works in SeaMonkey 2.40 on Ubuntu 16.04.1LTS with only the Flash plugin installed.

Little Italy Days <http://littleitalydays.com/>
Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival <http://pittsburghrenfest.com/>
Shadyside Art Festival
<http://www.artfestival.com/festivals/shadyside-the-art-festival-walnut-street-pittsburgh>