On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 01:48:51 +1000, Daniel wrote:
> On 18/08/2016 8:13 PM, Ralph Fox wrote:

>>> James, as SeaMonkey includes a browser, it naturally uses that browser.
>>>
>>> However, it used to be possible to do as you wanted, i.e. when you
>>> clicked on a link in an e-mail, the web page would open in another
>>> browser. There used to be a preference in about:config which you would
>>> change and away you would go, but I've looked through about:config and
>>> also at http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries to see if I could
>>> spot the pref ... but no go!!
>>>
>>> Sorry!
>>

>> If I remember correctly from long ago, setting these preferences
>>           network.protocol-handler.external.http
>>           network.protocol-handler.external.https
>> to true will do it -- but may also have unwelcome side effects.
>> Use with caution and be prepared to back out.
>>
>> REF:
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.protocol-handler.external.%28protocol%29
>
> Hmm!! I don't have those prefs in my prefs.js and they're not listed in
> the about:config mozillazine page I ref'd above, however I do have
> several network.protocol-handler.external prefs set.

I should have added that you will probably need to add those yourself.
On the about:config page,  right-click >> New >> Boolean

> Could they possible have been added by one of your added extensions, Ralph??

No, they were not added by one of my extensions.

But speaking of extensions, another answer for the OP was said
to be the "Launchy" extension.  I have not used Launchy myself,
but I understand it let you right-click on the URL and choose
whether to open it in Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/seamonkey/addon/launchy/

Unfortunately Launchy only seems to be available for SM up to
version 2.17a1.

--
Kind regards
Ralph