Chris Ilias wrote:
On 2016-10-02 6:53 AM, Gerry Hickman wrote:
On 2016-10-01 3:20 PM, Gerry Hickman wrote:

I understand that, but why would the Mozilla plugin site be
offering an out-of-date plugin, and then saying it's blocked?

Chris, as explained in my original post, I'm talking about "Tools :
Add-ons Manager : Plugins". When I try to update from within SeaMonkey,
it offers an out-of-date version and says it's "blocked". I think it's
pointing to the site https://addons.mozilla.org/

Here's another example of a blocked message
https://blocklist.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/blocked/p1246

Okay, I just wanted to clarify, because Mozilla doesn't offer plugins,
and doesn't have a plugins site. :)

The page at Tools-->Add-ons_Manager-->Plugins lists the plugins you have
already installed.

Plugins are offered by third-parties, and are not installed by SeaMonkey.

As noted upthread, when a plugin is outdated, Tools | Add-ons Manager | Plugins will have a link to "Update now," which unfortunately doesn't take the user to the publisher's update page, but to an explanation of the reason for the block. This should be fixed.

Paul B. Gallagher