On 4/10/2016 7:29 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote on 04/10/2016 10:12:
On 4/10/2016 7:23 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:

I don't really understand, because if you are the sender, you can
change
the content of your mail.

I have tested sending to myself: test1 <a
href="http://dyn.dns.org";>Fritz</a> Perfectly ACCEPTED when downloaded
I have tested sending to myself: test2 <a
href="http://dyn.dns.org";>http://www.microsoft.com</a> Detected a a
SCAM
when downloaded

Yes. The difference is the second case displays a URL, but the first
does not. A user seeing "Fritz" knows it's not a URL and will never be
fooled into thinking that's the target, but a user seeing
"http://www.microsoft.com"; may be fooled into thinking he's already
seeing the target. So only the second can be a scam.

I know, this is a busy, busy, world, we're all go go go, but before I
click on any link, I look at the bottom of the SM screen, where SM
displays the real link address!

Am I the only one??

(This reply has been typed in the dark, due to a power failure, so I
hope it makes some sense!!)

Me too ....But I have a case, when I must accept the scam and click on
the pseudo url.
I have asked the creator of the SCAM - He told me that the real url is a
site who collect for statistic the number of clicks on his link THEN
redirect you on the url address shown.
So the browser is really and finally on the page of the address shown,
but detoured for a moment on another site who collect the click.

Hmm! Seems a strange way of doing it, but O.K!! Why not use a visit counter on the real page??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40 Build identifier: 20160120202951
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501