On 11/15/2016 09:04 AM, Gérard wrote:
On 11/15/2016 08:47 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:

On 11/14/2016 at 3:19 PM, Richard Owlett's prodigious digits fired
off:

I do understand there are extensive changes behind the scene. They
probably improve my experience without me noticing it.

Umm, how could your experience improve if you don't notice it?

There are lots of situations where people don't consciously notice improved
experiences, but you can detect and measure it if you poll them before and
after. There's a big gray area between the kind of dramatic improvement that
gets your attention on the one hand and no change on the other hand.

the third world war has started (in the spirit)

--
Gérard Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://ciudadpatricia.com

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48a2
Build identifier: 20160923081035

To code the impossible code,            This is my quest --
To bring up a virgin machine,           To debug that code,
To pop out of endless recursion,        No matter how hopeless,
To grok what appears on the screen,     No matter the load,
                                        To write those routines
To right the unrightable bug,           Without question or pause,
To endlessly twiddle and thrash,        To be willing to hack FORTRAN IV
To mount the unmountable magtape,       For a heavenly cause.
To stop the unstoppable crash!          And I know if I'll only be true
                                        To this glorious quest,
And the queue will be better for this,  That my code will run CUSPy and calm,
That one man, scorned and               When it's put to the test.
        destined to lose,
Still strove with his last allocation
To scrap the unscrappable kludge!
          -- To "The Impossible Dream", from Man of La Mancha
[gérard@gershwin] $