On 11/14/2016 at 3:19 PM, Richard Owlett's prodigious digits fired off:
On 11/14/2016 1:28 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Stay with 2.48a2 or 2.48 for the time being. 2.49a2 and the soon the
be 2.50a1
will be very very unstable right now. There were several Mozilla last
minute
changes which need to be taken care of first. Worst is bug 1316104.

Just for the record.
I like stable releases!
I don't think there are any visible functional difference between the
features I actually used since the days of Netscape 4.x and my current
SeaMonkey 2.40 [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/43.0 SeaMonkey/2.40]

I do understand there are extensive changes behind the scene. They
probably improve my experience without me noticing it.

Umm, how could your experience improve if you don't notice it?

NEW is not, a priori, better.
E.G. More than a year ago there was talk of removing Composer due to it
not handling all of the "latest/greatest" {sic} features of HTML. That
would be a mistake. I does what it claims. I regularly need what it offers.

THANK YOU developers!

Composer should be dropped. It is decades out of touch with HTML and CSS standards. It produces totally crappy code that won't validate.

Yes, once upon a time, like 1996, I used Composer to create a Web site. I then, in Web terms, grew up, got wiser, learned.

Kill Composer. It serves no useful valid purpose. Rip the code out and slim down SeaMonkey.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/