David E. Ross wrote:

I have files unrelated to SeaMonkey that are no less important. I do
a system-wide backup every week.

In my case, nightly (mission-critical work computer). The first week I had a computer (a PC-XT in 1985), I lost a whole day's work by failing to back it up. Ever since, my motto has been, "If you love me, back me up."

Some basic principles all users should follow for backup (I'm sure you know this, but other readers may not):

1) Do it automatically. If you have to think about it, you'll forget or make excuses, and when disaster comes you'll lose something important because you didn't back it up.

2) Separate the backup media from the source computer. If the backup is killed by the same disaster as the computer, you have no backup.

3) Use a system that doesn't impact your lifestyle or workstyle. If it's a PITA, you'll find an excuse to abort it or cancel it, and then you'll have no backup.

4) Test the restore function periodically. If you can't restore, you have no backup.

Paul B. Gallagher