On 26/12/2016 20:41, SamuelS wrote:
> Mason83 wrote:
>> On 24/12/2016 14:09, SamuelS wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I updated to 2.46 from 2.40 on my Laptop using Win Business Vista 2, I
>>> Am not able to retrieve/see over 18 months of email for only one account.
>>>
>>> I have reverted to SM 2.40 and still not able to find the messages...
>>>
>>> Is this lost forever?
>> Load about:support
>> Click on the "Show Folder" button for "Profile Folder"
>> What is the size of the "Mail" folder and what does it contain?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
> M83 - the contents of the folder as are follows:
>
> 127.0.0.1
> Feeds
> incoming.verizon.net
> incoming.verizon-1.net
> Local Folders
> localhost
> localhost-1
> localhost-2
> mail.altcon.net
> pop.emailsrvr.com
> pop.gmail.com
>
> *Please note the above names are folders in this folder*
>
> 127.0.0.01.msf
> incoming.verizon-1.net.msf
> Local Folders.msf
> localhost.msf
>

> I will presume that it is the verizon msf file as it is the verizon
> account which is missing the emails...

These msf files are just display preferences. (They are small.)

Mozilla stores one "email folder" per file (so-called "mbox" format).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbox

At this point, I recommend you make a backup of the entire Mail folder.

Your message collection is probably stored in
incoming.verizon.net/Inbox or incoming.verizon-1.net/Inbox

Jonathan has some good suggestions.

Regards.