On 6/01/2017 1:51 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Ant wrote:
Please kindly view/see my attached screen shot/capture as an example:
https://s30.postimg.org/7smaos2ep/sm2_46draft_Example.png ... Although
compacting it will shrink down to its smallest size. Is growing saved
draft size this by design or a bug?

Thank you in advance. :)

Have you compacted folder? With mbox being individual messages
concatenated into 1 text file when a file is "deleted" it is not removed
but a header flag 'deleted' is set. It is not until the folder is
compacted where the whole file is rebuild skipping the 'deleted'
messages. So every time you have a new draft and the old draft is
'removed' it is still there until the Drafts file is rebuilt.

Just mussing!!

Jonathan, what you typed above is correct, as far as I know, but it got me thinking .....

When we receive e-mails which we then send to the Trash folder, those e-mails, as far as I know, are still in the Inbox mbox file, but as you typed, a bit in the header is set to indicate that they have been Trashed so they don't show in the Inbox display. They are then actually removed when the Inbox is Compacted.

Is it possible that a Draft message has a similar relationship with the Sent folder, ... i.e. the Draft message is actually stored in the Sent mbox file with some header bit set to indicate it is really a Draft message, not a message that has been Sent?

Devs??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501