On 01/21/2017 05:04 AM, Ant wrote:
On 1/20/2017 10:00 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/20/2017 7:40 PM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
I'm getting tired of all of these sites that refuse to display their
contents until I disable my Ad Blocker(s).  Does anyone know of a
"Stealth" Ad Blocker that blocks ads, but can't be detected by the
websites?  Something that signals to the server that the ad was
displayed but in reality was thrown into a bit bucket?  Surely SOMEONE
has come up with something like that by now?

I have the PrefBar extension, to which I added a checkbox to the PrefBar
tool bar that enables or disables AdBlock Plus.  When I find a Web page
that will not load with AdBlock Plus enabled, I do the following:

1.  Back out of the site.

2.  Disable AdBlock Plus.

3.  Select the link to the site.

4.  Immediately thereafter, re-enable AdBlock Plus.

The Web server detects that AdBlock Plus is not enabled and thus allows
the Web page to download and display.  The server cannot then detect
that AdBlock Plus is enabled and blocking ads.

In #3, you still get ads in the web page. :(

And I presume all the associated cookies and tracking.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Make America Great Again hats were made in Vietnam. <giggle>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS