On 4/10/2017 4:44 PM, Dirk Munk wrote:
> My news provider has its own servers for incoming and outgoing news
> messages.
>
> However the server for outgoing traffic does not accept email messages.
>
> So if I want to send a news message ('Newsgroup:'), and I want to send
> the same message by mail ('To:'), that doesn't work, I will get a
> message that the email is rejected, and with that the news posting as well.
>
> I suppose that it will be quite difficult to fix this problem?

E-mail messages are sent through either an SMTP server or an IMAP
server.  Newsgroup messages are sent through an NNTP server.  In
general, message applications can send messages to only one server at a
time.  Thus, you should send your message twice, once as E-mail and once
as a newsgroup message.

However, there are a very few newsgroups that receive feeds through
E-mail mailing lists and vice-versa.  This requires special
configuration of both the mail server and the NNTP server.

Messages for the news.mozilla.org NNTP server are among those that also
involve E-mail mailing lists.  See
<http://www.mozilla.org/about/forums/> for details.  Note that, in this
case, a message should be sent to either a mailing list or a newsgroup
but not both since each feeds the other.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??