joegw...@comcast.net wrote on 29-05-17 19:03:
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 10:01:44 AM UTC-4, Ray_Net wrote:
joegw...@comcast.net wrote on 27-05-17 01:16:
I just installed SeaMonkey 2.46 on my 27" iMac under MacOS 10.9.5, and have
gotten SM to mostly work, but there are some problems:

1.  My ISP requires a password to post email to the SMTP server, but I have not
figured out how to enter such a password.  An email client that cannot post
email isn't much use, so one assumes that there is a solution.  In this case, I
knew that I had not been able to enter a password, but I won't be that lucky in
the future.

WHAT is your ISP giving you access to his SMTP server ?
Normally ISP published on their site all the details need to use as the
SMTP parameters to be set to SeaMonkey ...

If you don't give us those informations .. nobody can help you.
It's COMCAST, as stated in the parallel replies.  Comcast does publish the
necessary details, and I have succeeded on all prior attempts to set a
newsreader up, until Seamonkey.  Don't know what's different.

Joe Gwinn
Hello Joe,
Could you explain why my answer/question is wrong ?
I repeat the answer/question about your SMTP problem for a mail:

If the "Outgoing SMTP server" for your SM mail account is the same as for your SM newsgroup account...
... you can post a newsgroup message as well you can send a mail.
I don't see why it should be different.